The logo for the Old York Road Historical Society was designed in 1936 by Howard E. Kohlbrenner. The scene depicts Sarah Jenkins Hotel, built in 1725 and situated on the east side of Old York Road at West Avenue in Jenkintown. The Hotel was later known as the Barley Sheaf (1807) and the American Eagle (1825). The Cottman family bought the inn from Daniel Strawn in 1834, and it became the first Cottman House, although still known by its earlier names. Around 1880 a new Cottman House was built and the older inn was demolished. The inn was in the center of the current eastern extension of West Avenue, and extended into Old York Road. Also depicted is a stagecoach of the type often seen making its way along Old York Road following the path of what was once an old Native American trail.